Saturday, March 29, 2008

Messing our Nest

One thing that puts me in an instant rage is littering. I suppose our species has always been guilty of littering. In fact, archeologist learn more about previous cultures by sifting through their litter than any other means. Every morning when I walk out to get the paper I pick up a beer or soda can, or a fast food bag, or sometimes even worse. It seems that littering contnually gets worse. Another symptom of too many people on the planet.
I was slightly encourage this mourning when I was driving to Louisville and seen several groups of young kids and teenagers picking up trash as part of Operation Brightside. These young people are doing a great public good and hopefully learning a good lesson about how harmful littering is to our planet.

No comments:

 

Poodwaddle.com