Monday, March 3, 2008

Daylight Savings Time

I live on the western edge of the easter time zone. It's about 9 miles to the central time zone. So I am almost an hour ahead of suntime on standard time and when we switch to DST I am almost two hours ahead. There are counties to my south and east that are on central time.













As far as I am concerned the whole world should be on Greenwich Mean Time. Then schools, farmers, businesses, governments, etc could set and change their hours whenever they wanted around amount of daylight. I think we all could adjust to this much better than crossing imaginary time lines and changing our clocks twice a year.
All this can be very confusing so here is a link that explains all you ever wanted to know about daylight savings time and more.
If that don't work for you maybe Golden Hawn's explanation of time zones will at least give you a chuckle.





And, finally, Does Anybody Know What Time It Is?

No comments:

 

Poodwaddle.com