Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tattoos and Piercings


There are a lot of things that I don't understand about the current culture and society, but one of the top ten is why humans who are supposed to be educated and civilized want to mutilate their bodies? That is how I categorize tattoos and piercings - disfigurement and mutilation.  I thought these practices went out with the stone age for the more civilized societies.
I know that my attitude may be out of synch with the majority of today's society, but as Mark Twain said: “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect": And, although I'm not religious as most of Americans claim, there is a lot of wisdom in some of the various religious writings. To quote the old testament: "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD. (Leviticus 19:28).”
I think you get enough marks and scars on your body on the journey of life without voluntary marks.
For example I keep track of many of my scars on my Vitruvian man shown below.
I attribute a lot of my biases and idiosyncrasies to my old age, but this one is just pure stupidity.

No comments:

 

Poodwaddle.com