Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stump Flower Pot



While I was sitting around looking at seed catalogs and thinking about Spring (less than 2 months calendar time), I decided to get out and try to get a few things ready. I decided to hollow out a couple of stumps with the chain saw and use them for flower pots. I hollowed then down about 10 inches as shown. The problem when you are going below the ground line is that you might hit dirt as I did the second one (circled in red). If you have used a chain saw any at all, you know that once you get in the dirt, you will have to sharpen or change chains, since they won't cut anything after being in the dirt.
I'll update the flower pots in early summer to see what they look like. This should make the stumps rot faster and put a pretty clump of flowers in place of an unsightly stump.

No comments:

 

Poodwaddle.com