Thursday, February 28, 2008

Vulture Festival

As a bird afficiando I like all kinds of birds. I even took this picture of buzzards roosting over a graveyard. I though it kind of represented "overkill".















However the citizens of Wenonah, New Jersey carry bird loving to limits by hosting an annual East Coast Vulture Festival. This event does serve to accentuate the usefulness of this often perceived repulsive bird. And, I do think they are graceful when they are soaring on some of the early morning thermals.

I particularly like the festival's slogan - "Look Alive". This seems like good advice at a vulture festival. You certainly wouldn't want to practice the slogan of "Possum Lodge" on the Red Green Show which in pig latin is Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati (when all else fails, play dead).

Anyhow, to get you in the mood here is "Jim Six" with the Vulture Festival theme song - Look Alive.





No comments:

 

Poodwaddle.com